HEE/NIHR ICA Advanced Clinical and Practitioner Academic Fellowship (ACAF) Round 2
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Programme Page
- HEE/NIHR ICA Advanced Clinical and Practitioner Academic Fellowship (ACAF), Round 2 Guidance Notes (coming soon)
The HEE/NIHR ICA Advanced Clinical and Practitioner Academic Fellowship (ACAF) supports post-doctoral researchers to develop their academic career whilst developing their health or care career.
The scheme replaces the ICA Clinical Lectureship and Senior Clinical Lectureship schemes and offers increased opportunity for post-doctoral applicants to the ICA Programme.
Applicants for an ACAF may:
- have recently completed or soon be awarded a PhD but have yet to establish themselves as an independent researcher
- be starting to establish themselves as an independent researcher
- already be established as an independent researcher but have yet to be recognised as an international leader in their field
- be seeking to re-establish their research career following a significant career break
- be seeking to re-establish their research career following time back in health or care practice.
ACAFs are available to health and social care professionals (excluding doctors or dentists). Applicants must hold registration with one of the ICA approved regulatory bodies or have plans in place to hold the required registration by the proposed award start date. Full eligibility criteria will be available through the Applicant Guidance Notes.
The ACAF funds:
- lead applicant’s salary costs
- the costs of the approved research project
- the cost of a tailored academic and professional development programme.
Between 20% and 40% of the award must be dedicated to development of the awardee's clinical service or practice role, which will be funded through the Fellowship.
The timetable below details the key dates in the selection process:
- Competition opens: 15 September 2022
- Competition closes: 15 November 2022
- Start dates of awards: 1st September 2023 - 1st March 2024
Another ACAF competition will launch in March 2023.
For more information about the funding Programme, visit the HEE-NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme page.