22/121 NIHR NICE rolling call (PHR Programme)
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the PHR Page
- Got a research idea and not sure how to turn it into a funding application? The Research Design Service (RDS) supports health and social care researchers across England on all aspects of developing and writing a funding application. Find out how the RDS can help with your application.
- Tips for success in applying
- MRC Public Health Intervention Development Scheme (PHIND)
- Word version of the stage 1 application form
Please note that the Word version of the stage 1 application form is to be used as a guide and to assist with completion of the online application form only, for example to see how many characters are accepted in each section and how the printed complete form is laid out. Please do not try to use this as an application form, you must apply using the online form available through the links available when calls are open. You should also refer to the application form guidance notes which can be found next to the ‘Apply Now’ button.
The Public Health Research (PHR) Programme is accepting stage one applications to this funding opportunity. The programme is interested in receiving applications to meet recommendations in research identified in NICE guidance that has been published or updated since 2015.
Proposals must be within the remit of the PHR Programme and the primary outcome measure must be health related. (This call is also open in the the Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME), and Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) and Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Programmes for proposals which fall within the remit of those programmes - applicants should apply directly to the relevant programme).
In order to apply for this call you will need to carefully review the following documents:
Any changes to these dates will be emailed to all Lead Applicants with an application in progress.
- Stage one deadline: 1pm on 29 November 2022
- Notification of out of remit/non-competitive decision if unsuccessful: Mid December 2022
- Notification of stage one shortlisting decision: End Februrary 2023
- Stage two writing window: mid/end February to mid April 2023
- Notification of stage two funding decision: early July 2023
- Earliest start date for funded studies: 1 October/1 November 2023
Please note: If a very high response is received, some applications may not be taken forward for further assessment if they are deemed to be non-competitive and/or it may be necessary to defer some applications until a later date. 'Non-Competitive' means that an application is not of a sufficiently high standard to be taken forward for further assessment in comparison with other applications received and funded by the PHR Programme because it has little or no realistic prospect of funding. This may be because of scientific quality, cost, scale/duration, or the makeup of the project team.
All primary research projects are expected to establish a programme appointed Study/Trial Steering Committee and it is important that you read the TSC/SSC Guidance before completing your application. Costs incurred by this committee should be included in the budget as appropriate.