RCoA and NIHR CRN Research Awards 2022
The National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN) is pleased to resume three awards in conjunction with the Royal College of Anaesthetists. The awards are designed to recognise NHS clinicians (consultants and anaesthetists in training) who are making outstanding contributions to clinical research, particularly in relation to NIHR CRN portfolio research studies. These awards will open for applications on 30 June 2022 and close at 23.59 on 26 September 2022.
Applicants must be NHS clinicians (clinical academics are not eligible) and must be a fellow or member of the College. Clinicians can enter under one of three categories:
- consultant (including SAS doctors)
- anaesthetist in training (individual)
- anaesthetists in training (network)
Applicants must outline their contribution, engagement or leadership of NIHR Clinical Research Network portfolio studies with particular focus in the following areas:
- how you demonstrate clinical leadership or engagement to enable your organisation to increase its participation in NIHR CRN portfolio studies
- how you engaged with patients to inform them of new opportunities to participate in NIHR CRN clinical research
- your contribution to the successful delivery of NIHR CRN portfolio studies
Each award carries a £1,000 prize. There is a short application form to apply. The awards are designed to recognise clinicians who engage in academic research alongside their clinical work, would not be typically ‘research active’ and may be in the early stages of their research career.
Awards will be presented during the Anaesthesia Research 2022 meeting in York, 22-23 November 2022. Winners will be expected to be present at the meeting for the award presentation, which will take place on 23 November. The cost of standard class travel, 1 night’s accommodation and conference attendance for 23 November will be covered for the winners (1 attendee per category).
Previous winners have included Dr Shiva Tripathi, the SWARM Trainee Network, & Prof. Gudrun Kunst.