Programme Development Grants - Competition 34
- For help with your application contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the PDG Page
- Got a research idea and not sure how to turn it into a funding application? The Research Design Service (RDS) supports health and social care researchers across England on all aspects of developing and writing a funding application. Find out how the RDS can help with your application.
- Developing innovative, inclusive and diverse public partnerships call brief
- Developing innovative, inclusive and diverse public partnerships frequently asked questions
- Information pack for community and charity organisations
- Guidance for applicants applying to stream A
- Guidance for applicants for applying to stream B
- Supporting Information for PDG Applicants
- Word version of the Outline Standard Application Form*
*This document is to be used as a guide and to assist with completion of the online application form only. Please do not try to use this as an application form. You must apply using the online form available through the 'Apply Now' link, available when calls are open.
Applications are now invited to apply for Programme Development Grant (PDG) funding. Competition 34 will feature a highlight notice specifically to encourage inclusive and/or new ways of partnership working between researchers, people and communities and other key stakeholders.
Programme Development Grants are available for researchers to undertake preparatory work to develop a future programme of research (Stream A). PDGs are also available for researchers to develop and enhance the quality and value of an existing or ongoing Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR) award (Stream B). Applications for such PDGs are only permitted from applicants whose PGfAR contracts are finishing within 12 months or have finished in the past 18 months.
Individual awards are for a maximum of £150k over a period of 12 - 24 months. The amount of funding awarded, however, is determined by the scale and nature of the research activity to be conducted.
Applications to PDG are made with the support of an NHS body and other providers of NHS services in England. If an application is successful, a contract will be placed with that organisation for delivery of the research and all funds for the research will be paid to the NHS organisation or other provider of NHS services.
The submission deadline for applications is 13:00 on 21 September 2022.
PDG is currently participating in the following highlight notices:
Please note that PDG’s researcher led calls are open to all relevant research areas, and do not just include Themed Calls and Highlight Notices. If you are responding to a themed call, highlight notice or NIHR wide call, please indicate this in the application form in Section 'Detailed Development Work Plan', Question 1 ‘Background and Rationale’.
Innovative, inclusive and diverse public partnerships
Competition 34 features a highlight notice specifically to encourage inclusive and/or new ways of partnership working between researchers, people and communities and other key stakeholders. It is expected that these awards will provide a springboard for long lasting research collaborations and relationships. You can read more about NIHR's aims for the call in this post on the NIHR blog: "It's time for patients, service users and the public to lead development of new research ideas".
- If you are a researcher you can find out more in the call brief: Developing Innovative, Inclusive and Diverse Public Partnerships. In addition, you can take a look at our website People in Research, where we are hoping to match community and charity organisations with research teams.
- If you are part of a community organisation or charity group you can find out more about this call, the NIHR and the application process in our information pack. You can also take a look at People in Research, where you can add your research idea or look for research teams you could partner with.
- A webinar for potential applicants was held on 21 June. This half-day event covered the expectations and requirements for this funding call and if you missed the event you can watch a video of the webinar.
- Watch our short summary video to find out more about this funding opportunity, or read the accessible video transcript.
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions on the funding opportunity.