The remit of the Selection Committees is to support the development of the NIHR Development and Skills Enhancement Award, assess applications, interview candidates and make funding recommendations based on quality.
The NIHR Development and Skills Enhancement Award applications are reviewed by our Selection Committee which is reviewed regularly and adjusted in response to need. If you would like to register your interest to join this committee, please complete the expression of interest form.
The interview Committees for the NIHR Doctoral Fellowship is composed from the members listed below.
- Professor Wendy Baird (Chair), Faculty Deputy Director Research and Innovation and Professor of Health Services Research at Univeristy of Sheffield
- Professor Victoria Goodwin, Associate Professor of Ageing and Rehabilitation at Univeristy of Exeter
- Professor Anne Spencer, Associate Professor of Health Economics at Univeristy of Exeter
- Professor Justin Durham, Head of the School of Dental Sciences and Professor of Orofacial Pain at Newcastle Univeristy
- Dr David Cairns, Associate Professor of Statistics at University of Leeds
- Dr Helen Barratt, Senior Clinical Research Associate / Honorary Consultant in Applied Health Research at Univeristy College London
- Mr Martin Hunt, NIHR MedTech Industry Engagement Adviser
- Professor Audrey Bowen, Professor of Neuropsychological Rehabilitation at University of Manchester
- Professor Mike Lewis, Professor Life Science Innovation at The University of Birmingham
- Professor Catherine Bowen, Professor in Podiatry at University of Southampton
- Professor Graham Cooke, Professor of Infectious Diseases at Imperial College London
- Professor Georgina Moulton, Professor of BioHealth Informatics and Education at University of Manchester