The NIHR Global Health Research Portfolio has held two recent webinars and developed a list of common application queries to support applicants applying for new funding for Global Health Research Groups and Units.
See our common application queries.
*We are holding a second Briefing Event webinar for applicants interested in applying to our open Units and Groups calls*
Finance Webinar: How to complete your budget
The webinar covered the following topics:
- Finance and budget guidance
- How to complete the finance budget template
- Question and answer session
See a recording of the Finance webinar.
Applicant information webinar: Insights from funded researchers
This webinar featured LMIC and UK speakers from three of the currently funded Units and Groups who discussed what works well in three of the key areas of call content:
- What works well: Developing equitable and effective partnerships – perspective from a funded NIHR Unit - Funke Fayehun, University of Ibadan and Richard Lilford, University of Birmingham
- What works well: Embedding plans for capacity-building in a NIHR-funded Group - Romaina Iqbal, Aga Khan University and Kamran Siddiqi, University of York
- Embedding CEI activities in the research life cycle –successful experiences for an NIHR- funded Group - Milcah Kapezi Mwamadi, Lugina Africa Midwives Research Network, University of Malawi and Tina Lavender, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
See a recording of the webinar.
Call launch webinar
Additionally information on the call launch webinar in early July provided information about new funding for Global Health Research Groups and Units to support applicants.
The following topics were covered and link to the relevant guidance and documents:
- Background to the calls: UK Aid Funding and NIHR Global Health Research Programme
- Remit: Groups and Units
- Finance and Budget Guidance
- Application process (Selection criteria, key dates, tips for success)
- Question and Answer session
See a recording of the Call Launch webinar.
Slides for all three webinars are available on request, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.